dThe Contest (“Super 50/50 Raffle”) begins on August 1st 2017 and ends on the drawing date of December 19th 2017. The Contest is sponsored by The Toms River East Marching Raider Brigade (“The Brigade”) , a 501c3 tax exempt organization. The rules are as follows:
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
- Prizes must be picked up by the winner within 30 days of winning, or will be forfeited.
- Any local, state, and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner acknowledges that The Brigde shall have the right to publicize their name, likeness, and voice to promote their participation in the contest.
- The Brigade reserves the right to change the contest rules at any time prior to selecting a winner.
- Only one prize winner per household for each contest unless specified otherwise.
- The Brigade contest prize award mechanisms vary from contest to contest.
STATEMENT OF OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY. Contest open to all legal residents of the United States, who, as of the time of entry are eighteen (18) years or older. Contest void where prohibited by law.
- Each ticket sold for a fee of $5 has the same odds of winning as all other tickets sold
- PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded:
- One First Place prize equal to 30% of net ticket sales
- One Second Place prize equal to 15% of net ticket sales
- One Third Place prize equal to 5% of net ticket sales
- Prize winners will receive a 1099 tax form for prize values greater than $250
- Federal and State taxes (if applicable) on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners
- DRAWING: Winner will be selected from among all eligible tickets sole. The random drawing will be conducted under the direct supervision of The Brigade Executive Board.
- Winner will be notified by email or phone within one (1) week of drawing.
- Odds of winning are determined by the total number of tickets sold.
- PRIZE CLAIM: Noncompliance with the rules of the contest by a potential winner will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Claimed prizes will be awarded.
- GENERAL: Each contestant grants The Brigade full permission and authority to use, re-use and license the use of their voice, name, photograph or likeness in any promotional activity related to their being a contest winner, except where prohibited by law. By entering this contest entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
The Brigade reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these official rules and regulations or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Contest, drawing and redemption of prizes. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. The winners list will be posted online.
The Brigade and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury or property loss or other damages of contest entrants arising from, or in connection with the prizes awarded or participation in this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Release. Winner agrees to release and hold harmless sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
These rules and this promotion are governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey without regard to applicable choice of law provisions. Exclusive venue for any legal action in connection with this promotion shall be located in Ocean Count, Toms River, New Jersey.